TOMAHAWC.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ozark Mountain Area Hobby and Wargaming Club

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A series of rules questions for the tournament this weekend

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Thatguyoverthere

A series of rules questions for the tournament this weekend Empty
PostSubject: A series of rules questions for the tournament this weekend   A series of rules questions for the tournament this weekend EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 11:30 pm

Can Hive Guard allocate wounds to models they can't draw line of sight to?
(I say no, but I want to make sure that's how you guys play)

Can Tyranids use weapons emplacements such as the quad gun on the aegis wall?
(I say yes since the FAQ refers only to emplaced weapons on the bastion which have entirely different rules than weapons emplacements)

Can runic weapons work when the rune priest inside a transport?
(I think this is the case because they deleted the BRB FAQ)

Does jaws of the world wolf still have to roll to hit?
(again, deleted the BRB FAQ)

Do I have to deploy my aegis wall sections as one piece or can I break up the wall as long as each piece is touching one other piece?
(The rules say that each section has to touch at least one other section... poor wording for what I assume was suppose to be a provision that allowed you to either make it as a single, contiguous line or a circle.

Also, do you guys have a lot of area terrain at your store? At the hideout we actually have very few pieces of terrain that count as "area terrain" due to the 6th edition terrain specifications. A good chunk of our buildings don't have bases (because they're new, we'll update soon) and our other pieces have become hills (block LoS but no more 5+ universal cover). I want to bring some Ymgarls but if you guys are facing the same issue I don't want my unit to die just because there isn't any area terrain on the table.
Back to top Go down
KOMOSUNDER
Admin
KOMOSUNDER

PostSubject: Re: A series of rules questions for the tournament this weekend   A series of rules questions for the tournament this weekend EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 pm

funny you should ask, I've been working to iron out these rules tonight. i plan on posting up a "TOMAHAWC" FAQ this week to cover these questions and others.

The Hive Guard, by the wording in the book would be no. you must allocate wounds to models in LOS.

I'm not going to make a formal ruling on the weapon emplacements here. as of right now ill say yes, but this is a very gray area and I'm still digging into the emplacements and fortifications. the tomahawc FAQ will have this on its releace.

ill need to look at the Wolf questions, i haven't been through that codex yet. its one for the popular ones so ill blow the dust of it next.

as it is worded, the aegis wall can be split into sections so long as each section is in base with another section. it is poor wording, but most of the fortifications section is littered with it.

i would expect to have a fair amount of area terrain on each table. i would say there is a good chance each table will have some. there may be a table that won't, but as a nid player i can sympathize with this problem. it would be bunk to have 200 or so points destroyed at deployment.
Back to top Go down
https://tomahawc.forumotion.com
Thatguyoverthere

PostSubject: Jump Infantry   A series of rules questions for the tournament this weekend EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:44 pm

Jump Infantry, if they use their jump packs in the assault phase, move over terrain and if they land in difficult terrain they take a dangerous terrain test.

If you move through difficult terrain you strike at initiative step 1.

Would the jump infantry rule override the move through difficult rule?
Back to top Go down
KOMOSUNDER
Admin
KOMOSUNDER

PostSubject: Re: A series of rules questions for the tournament this weekend   A series of rules questions for the tournament this weekend EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:34 pm

Thatguyoverthere wrote:
Jump Infantry, if they use their jump packs in the assault phase, move over terrain and if they land in difficult terrain they take a dangerous terrain test.

If you move through difficult terrain you strike at initiative step 1.

Would the jump infantry rule override the move through difficult rule?

A jump unit that assaults a unit in area terrain would suffer from dangerous terrain rolls and overwatch, but would strike at initiative. although the unit is placed on the area terrain, it is said to be moving freely over it. to be clear, the unit would not need to roll 3d6 pick the lowest nor would its initiative be reduced.
Back to top Go down
KOMOSUNDER
Admin
KOMOSUNDER

PostSubject: Re: A series of rules questions for the tournament this weekend   A series of rules questions for the tournament this weekend EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 11:08 pm

Jaws of the world wolf does not need to hit (SW FAQ)

Runic Weapons act just as they did. the FAQ and rulebook both left out any change to them. i can only see them working the someway as they did in 5th. if i am drastically overlooking something please point it out, but i have only seen a change to psychic hoods.

bugs shooting big guns is still a bit gray, but the FAQ is very clear. bugs can't manual fire emplaced weapons, but gun emplacements "battlefield debris" fallows different rules. they can fire these (i know its odd)

i want to continue a clarification on gun emplacements and emplaced weapons. these terms are interchanged frequently in the new rulebook. for all situations refer to the "terrain type" on the fortification entry. imperial bastions and the fortress of redemption will fallow the rules under the buildings section of the rulebook, and the aegis defense line will fallow the rules under battlefield debris.

Back to top Go down
Thatguyoverthere

PostSubject: Re: A series of rules questions for the tournament this weekend   A series of rules questions for the tournament this weekend EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:03 pm

One of the last questions, promise.

How are you guys playing Flying Monstrous Creatures? Specifically grounding.

The rules for FMCs say that if you are hit by a unit you take a grounding test. If you fail you take a str 9 hit with no armor saves. You can then also be assaulted.

Note, there is no mention of loss of "swooping." I think it even says you can move normally next turn. So, due to poor wording of the rules you "become grounded" but what does that mean?

At the Hideout we've settled on you fail the test, take the hit and can be assaulted. Afterward, you are still swooping so the next unit needs 6's which trigger additional tests. I could see it going either way.

How are you guys playing it?
Back to top Go down
Avalbane
Avalbane

PostSubject: Re: A series of rules questions for the tournament this weekend   A series of rules questions for the tournament this weekend EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:42 pm

I am going to tag another question on to this.

If you take Chaos Marines as an allied detachment, how are lesser/Greater daemons handled? They are treated as a troop/HQ, but don't take up a FOC slot.
Back to top Go down
griff0rd
griff0rd

PostSubject: Re: A series of rules questions for the tournament this weekend   A series of rules questions for the tournament this weekend EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:33 am

Something else you might want clarification on:

For players using Missile launchers. Will you use the profile in the codex or the profile in the appendix of the 6th edition rule book?

I got clarification that it will be the 6th edition appendix for the Joplin Character Matter's Tournament (skyfire missiles are legal), but thought it might be good to check with you all on how you will want to rule in your tourney.
Back to top Go down
KOMOSUNDER
Admin
KOMOSUNDER

PostSubject: Re: A series of rules questions for the tournament this weekend   A series of rules questions for the tournament this weekend EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:53 am

Well shoot I knew I forgot to put this in the FAQ. No missile launchers do not come stock with skyfire missiles, just as broadsides can't fire dispersion shots.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A series of rules questions for the tournament this weekend   A series of rules questions for the tournament this weekend Empty

Back to top Go down

A series of rules questions for the tournament this weekend
Page 1 of 1