TOMAHAWC.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ozark Mountain Area Hobby and Wargaming Club

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Old dwarf Ambush list

Go down 
AuthorMessage
damnedwonka

Old dwarf Ambush list Empty
PostSubject: Old dwarf Ambush list   Old dwarf Ambush list EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 2:38 pm

Don't get me wrong I really like all the dwarf artillery but it kind of makes for a boring game. I took a massive gunline in the December tournament at meta games and even though I won all my games I didn't have any fun and it left a bad taste in my mouth. So the next tournament came around and I decided to only take 1 gun and try to use an ambush list.

1 Lord: 468 Pts. 19.5%
1 Hero: 165 Pts. 6.8%
1 Core Unit: 644 Pts. 26.8%
2 Elite Units: 980 Pts. 40.8%
1 Rare Unit: 140 Pts. 5.8%

Runelord, Shield, Anvil of Doom, 1 x Rune of Shielding, 1 x Rune of Resistance, 1 x Rune of Stone, 1 x Master Rune of Spite, 2 x Rune of Spellbreaking - 468 Pts.

Thane (deploys with long beards), 1 x Rune of Fire, 1 x Master Rune of Gromril, 1 x Master Rune of Challenge, 1 x Rune of Brotherhood, BSB - 165 Pts.

41 Longbeards, Ranger Upgrade, GW, M, S, C, 1 x Rune of Battle, 1 x Rune of Determination - 644 Pts.

40 Miners, M, S, C, Steam Drill - 490 Pts.
40 Miners, M, S, C, Steam Drill - 490 Pts.

Gyrocopter - 140 Pts.

Total: 2397

This isn't the exact list I switched out the cannon for the Gyrocopter. The strength in this list is its lack of drops ,speed and overall different kind of style people don't see very often.If you deploy first the look on your opponents face when you drop two things is priceless. If you get a scenario where your opponent has to deploy first you can hide the anvil and place your longbeard scouts against a unit you like your odds against (preferable on there far flank) and on there first turn use the rune of challenge on the thane to make them charge you or flee. Since its the first turn most will no flee and risk there unit running of the board. The longbeards will ether crush the unit and overrun into another unit or hold them up. The enemy will have to start the long process of moving their units from the other flank to get to the combat against the longbeards and that's where the miners come in. On your second round the miner may get to come in and with the help of the steam drill one if not both will come in. You place these on the board edge facing the enemies flank thats turned to help their other unit against the longbeards. Now in most armies you can't charge with a unit that came in from the board edge but we dwarves have something that changes that. The anvil of Doom is key for this list to work it gives you the chance to charge or move with any dwarf unit (except gyrocopter) in the shooting phase. this will allow you to catch people with there pants down and hit them in the flanks.Yes this list has flaws but what list doesn't. You may have trouble with monsters against the miner and if you lose a unit you give up a lot of Victory Points. I wish I knew how to do diagrams and stuff to help show you how this is done. I went 2-1 with this type of list and I added the gyro to help run down running unit which proved to be my down fall. I lost my last match against Landon Jennings who overall won the tournament. He said I had him but since I couldn't catch units I scattered I couldn't keep up with him on points.

Back to top Go down
damnedwonka

Old dwarf Ambush list Empty
PostSubject: mistake   Old dwarf Ambush list EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 2:47 pm

I meant to put this list in army lists my bad
Back to top Go down

Old dwarf Ambush list
Page 1 of 1