TOMAHAWC.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ozark Mountain Area Hobby and Wargaming Club

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2k demons for saturday

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LittleSilverGuys

2k demons for saturday  Empty
PostSubject: 2k demons for saturday    2k demons for saturday  EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:00 pm

Iv'e been recently playing my pre-heresy thousand sons/custodes (grey knights) but in the last tournament there were way too many grey knight players. So I have put them on the shelf and will be taking deamons to this saturday's monthly tourny at Gamer's Hideout in St Roberts.

Bloodthirster
2x Herald of Tzeencth on Chariots w/ master sorcery, breath,bolt

5x Fiends (unholy might)
5x Fiends (unholy might)
4x Flamers (bolt)

9x Horrors w/ bolt and icon
9x horrors w/ bolt, icon, and changling
1ox Bloodletters w/fury and icon

daemon prince slaanesh w/paavane, wings, hide

Don't really like the DP, but the Khorne Dogs I ordered haven't made there way in yet, oh well.

We re playing Bay Open rules, Three rounds three different deployments, but all three missions used each game
Back to top Go down
mhorberg

PostSubject: Re: 2k demons for saturday    2k demons for saturday  EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:55 pm

How do you group up your demons for deepstrike?
Back to top Go down
KOMOSUNDER
Admin
KOMOSUNDER

PostSubject: Re: 2k demons for saturday    2k demons for saturday  EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:19 pm

i like the demon prince, but thats just me.
have you thought about some minimum Plague barriers as objective holders?

yea i agree with Mhorberg, i would like to see your preferred grouping.

Welcome to the forum btw
Back to top Go down
https://tomahawc.forumotion.com
LittleSilverGuys

PostSubject: Re: 2k demons for saturday    2k demons for saturday  EmptyThu May 17, 2012 10:26 pm

@komosunder: I personnaly prefer the horrors over the plague bearers. While the bearers are much more survivable, I prefer the ability to shoot.

My prefered drop is

Bloodthirster
Herald
Herald
5x fiends
9x horror w/changling, icon
10x bloodletters, icon

Drop plan obviously based on my opponent, but Ideally bloodletters drop as front screen, heralds and horrors play along the eighteen inch range. fiends drop behind cover if available, or stay behind main drop for counter attack or next turn movement. Bloodthirster goes to threaten a target or distract from fire being sent into my shooty aspects of the drop..

Back to top Go down
mhorberg

PostSubject: Re: 2k demons for saturday    2k demons for saturday  EmptyThu May 17, 2012 11:22 pm

Not to be picky, but my army builder is showing this as 1974 points. I'm pretty sure i've added everything up that you have listed, if not my mistake. Demons can be a very tricky army to play. The game can be won or lost in the setup of your two reserve lists. With as many GK's in your area I think you are building in the right direction. I think the biggest concern that I see is the unit of bloodletters. With only 10 in the group and a 5+ save I don't see them really getting to the party. If you are wanting to just use them as a screen, for a few points less you can get the same amount of nurgles with toughness 5. These guys are very tough to get off the field for most armies.

Fiends and pink horrors are great. Flamers made my draigowing cry a few times.

Also, welcome to the forums
Back to top Go down
LittleSilverGuys

PostSubject: Re: 2k demons for saturday    2k demons for saturday  EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:22 pm

@mhorberg: Probably didn't add everything on there, I'm at work now but when I get back to my laptop I will look twice. I should be at 1999 pts. Yeah the initial drop will kinda make or break me. Grey knights are getting way too big in my area (hence why I shelved mine) and I really want to drop the prince for a unit of Khorne dogs for a fast tarpit.

I'm not too keen on the bloodletters either, unfortunetly that's all I have for daemons at the moment. I have 14k of blood angels, 3k deathwing, 5k of grey knights (thousand sons). Daemons is my smallest army, but I plan to grow it out some more soon.

The option is there for me to drop the letters and put in another daemon prince but I feel I need the scoring with having to deal with six objs a game (one in each deployment, and four in the middle) I'm even debating going for a more msu feel and shrinking units just to field more troops.

My hope for the bloodletters as of now is to screen some forces, or at best eating a lot of fire as most of my opponents will hopefully see them as a bigger threat than the horrors. to that regard I will probably get a little risky and drop them as close to a target or flank as I can so that my opponent has no choice to deal with them. I am never really adverse to using a suicide unit.

Thanks for the welcome to the forum. I like the idea, I've been bugging my LGS to reach out and get more contact with other stores in the area for awhile. I know there is a good competative community in Missouri, but I haven't had much oppurtunity to see it. Love the concept and hope the site does well.
Back to top Go down
Errutu
Admin
Errutu

PostSubject: Re: 2k demons for saturday    2k demons for saturday  EmptyFri May 18, 2012 6:24 pm

I really like this list! But I think some small tweaks would help in some areas. Take it or leave it.
LittleSilverGuys wrote:
Iv'e been recently playing my pre-heresy thousand sons/custodes (grey knights) but in the last tournament there were way too many grey knight players. So I have put them on the shelf and will be taking deamons to this saturday's monthly tourny at Gamer's Hideout in St Roberts.

Bloodthirster Unholy Might! Strength 8 to insta-crush heads and armor easier!
2x Herald of Tzeencth on Chariots w/ master sorcery, breath,bolt Love it! Flamer templates start anywhere from the base... and go any direction!

5x Fiends (unholy might)
5x Fiends (unholy might)
4x Flamers (bolt)

9x horrors w/ bolt, icon, and changling
1ox Bloodletters w/fury and icon Cut 10 to 7ish to make up the points. Other options exist... This seems to be the quickest

daemon prince slaanesh w/paavane, wings, hide I'm a huge fan of Hit and Run on a winged DP I think that's like 20 points more though. It helps get out of those tar pits.

Don't really like the DP, but the Khorne Dogs I ordered haven't made there way in yet, oh well.

We re playing Bay Open rules, Three rounds three different deployments, but all three missions used each game

Ryan
Back to top Go down
LittleSilverGuys

PostSubject: Re: 2k demons for saturday    2k demons for saturday  EmptySun May 20, 2012 12:51 am

Well played today. Went with the list as I had it originally (plus unholy might and blessing of the blood god on the thirster as that was what I had forgot to write) Wasn't expecting much from the 'letters but they proved to be awesome. Overall very happy, everything in the list contributed in a productive way, the DP being key to allow me to wipeout seven termies in a go with the flamers (go ahead and make 28 invuls Smile ). Ended up taking second and missing first by two points. It was a great time, real broad playing field and great showing from the guys at the store. Now its back to the drawing board, next monthes match is at 2250. Thanks all for the advice though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2k demons for saturday    2k demons for saturday  Empty

Back to top Go down

2k demons for saturday
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TOMAHAWC.com :: Warhammer 40k :: Army Lists :: Chaos Demons-
Jump to: