TOMAHAWC.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ozark Mountain Area Hobby and Wargaming Club

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

To doom or not to doom

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KOMOSUNDER
Admin
KOMOSUNDER

To doom or not to doom  Empty
PostSubject: To doom or not to doom    To doom or not to doom  EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 2:29 pm

i love the doom scythe, but it has one fundamental flaw. it has a very week AV of 11 and a short range on its death ray. I've found a few ways to manage this but none that really make me happy.

#1 using the storm lord to black out the map...

#2 double solar pulse to keep them out target selection.

#3 DS - pop the death ray and die.

any other ideas would be much appreciated
Back to top Go down
https://tomahawc.forumotion.com
haren

PostSubject: Re: To doom or not to doom    To doom or not to doom  EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 3:10 pm

I've been in the same boat on how to get it to work in 5th. Right now your best bet is your option 2 i think. Imo makes your turn night fight also so the issue of having to roll for night fight really limits the uses the Doom scyth has. Also the DS - get 1 shot and die is kind of a waste of the 175 points your paying for it. I also think you may have to play them like you do the lord on the barge (turbo and prep for shinanigans in turn 2.)
Back to top Go down
MADLarkin

PostSubject: Re: To doom or not to doom    To doom or not to doom  EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 11:43 pm

Don't have the necron codex, but I listen to alot of podcasts that reviewed it, doesn't the doom scythe have that piece of gear that makes it armor 14 until it takes a penetrating hit? That would nullify alot of problems for you I would think.
Back to top Go down
pieeater5
pieeater5

PostSubject: Re: To doom or not to doom    To doom or not to doom  EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 12:41 am

I say not to doom get the doom day ark long range bad ass Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KOMOSUNDER
Admin
KOMOSUNDER

PostSubject: Re: To doom or not to doom    To doom or not to doom  EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 10:46 am

MADLarkin wrote:
Don't have the necron codex, but I listen to alot of podcasts that reviewed it, doesn't the doom scythe have that piece of gear that makes it armor 14 until it takes a penetrating hit? That would nullify alot of problems for you I would think.

In fact it does not. This is where the problem lies. It hits like a mac truck, but gets smashed like an ant. With all the 6th roumers comming out, it's starting to look good for this guy
Back to top Go down
https://tomahawc.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To doom or not to doom    To doom or not to doom  Empty

Back to top Go down

To doom or not to doom
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TOMAHAWC.com :: Warhammer 40k :: Tactics-
Jump to: